auth_ldap with 2.1.x (was Re: [Fwd: Auth with group membership is failing.])

Unless I misunderstand you, I beg to differ. As I write this, I'm
successfully testing auth_ldap 1.6 with Apache 1.3.20 (running under AIX
4.3.3) against an OpenLDAP 2.1.17 server (running under RedHat Linux 7.2).

Perhaps you meant that the auth_ldap client has to be built against
2.0.x libs (as mine happens to be at the moment), or perhaps you were
referring to mod_auth_ldap (although my understanding was that it is
substantially the same as auth_ldap 1.6)?

--
Kirk Turner-Rustin
Programmer/Analyst