[Date Prev][Date Next]
Getting IMAP to work with OpenLDAP
- To: OpenLDAP-software@OpenLDAP.org
- Subject: Getting IMAP to work with OpenLDAP
- From: Vishal Khanna <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 17:36:59 +0530
- Organization: Consultant
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.0.1) Gecko/20020823 Netscape/7.0
I have basic problems in getting LDAP to work with IMAP.
What I want to do
I want to authenticate my MAIL(IMAP) users on Linux box from the LDAP
server running on another server
a. Is it possible ?
b. If yes then how ?
Any help would be really appreciated, I have done the hunting on the web
The pacakages I use are (RPMS on 2.4.19 Kernel)
I did what was mentioned of changing the settings in /etc/nsswitch.conf
Changed the entries in /etc/pam.d/imap to
auth required pam_ldap.so
account required pam_ldap.so
No matter what I do I cannot get it to work. My openLDAP software works
perfectly fine otherwise.