Re: Change of structural objectclasses illegal?

asr@ufl.edu writes:
> I understand that it is illegal for a given object to have two STRUCTURAL
> classes that are not part of the same chain; but I'm not trying to do that,
> I'm trying to replace one chain with another chain (and incidentally replace
> almost all of the attributes too) which by my reading should be legal.

Nope.

rfc2251, 3.2.1. Attributes of Entries:

   Servers may restrict the modifications of this attribute to prevent
   the basic structural class of the entry from being changed (e.g. one
   cannot change a person into a country).

I haven't tried, but I expect you must either delete the entry and
reinsert it with its new structural object class, or keep object class
'person' and let 'reserved' be an auxiliary class or a subclass of
'person'.

--
Hallvard