From: Galea Gilbert [mailto:ggalea@vodafonemalta.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 08, 2003 1:48 PM
To: openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
Subject: OpenLDAP

Hi all,

I'm currently installing a trial version of PureSight 4.5 for Squid. It
requires OpenLDAP 2.0.11 or higher. Now I installed a linux box with RH 7.2
(Enigma) which comes with an OpenLDAP rpm which it installed too. The
Version of the installed OpenLDAP on my machine is 2.0.11-13 so I guess it
meets the requirements for PureSight. My query is: how come PureSight is
asking for a configuration file: /etc/openldap/slapd.conf when this is all I
have in my /etc/openldap/ directory:

[root@localhost openldap]# ls -la
total 44
drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root         4096 Mar 27 15:51 .
drwxr-xr-x   46 root     root         4096 Apr  8 10:09 ..
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root          375 Mar 27 16:09 ldap.conf
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root         3122 Aug 21  2001 ldapfilter.conf
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root         5043 Aug 21  2001 ldapsearchprefs.conf
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root        16452 Aug 21  2001 ldaptemplates.conf
[root@localhost openldap]#

Sorry but I'm new to OpenLDAP and software that uses it. Moreover the
Puresight installation is asking for the OpenLDAP executable:
/usr/sbin/slapd. I don't have this file in /usr/sbin/. Can anybody help me
please?

Many Thanks,
Gilbert

FREE Internet connection anytime, anywhere.

Surf the Web and send/receive email when you're out and about.  All you need
is your GPRS-enabled phone and laptop or PDA.

Visit www.vodafone.com.mt for more info.