From: "Paul Wilson" <elviscious@rmci.net>
To: <graghupathy@aegonuk.co.uk>
Cc: <openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org>
Sent: Friday, April 04, 2003 5:00 PM
Subject: Re: Newbie .... Please help sooon

Hmm, right off the top of my head, it sounds like you are binding to the
ldap server as the anonymous user.  By default (correct me if I'm wrong)
the anonymous user has read-only privileges to the entire server, unless
you have changed the ACL rules.

Make sure you are binding as the manager user (specified in slapd.conf),
or some other user that has write privileges.

paul wilson