RE: Is the OpenLDAP documentation kinda old?

Solaris comes bundled with its own LDAP implementation, different from
OpenLDAP. It looks like you are using the Solaris tools, not the OpenLDAP
tools. Once again, your unfamiliarity with the OS you're using is causing
your problems. You should try reading all of the Solaris User and
Administration guides before attempting anything else; you're only going to
get yourself into more problems going on like this.

  -- Howard Chu