Re: Open LDAP and SNMP

vadim tarassov wrote:

> I think that possibility to administrate open ldap instance
over snmp (like for example changing log level or whatsoever without restarting slapd) is worth to have.

I'd rather prefer to see run-time administration accessible via LDAP like recently discussed on the developer list. One could implement a SNMP-OpenLDAP gateway afterwards.

Personally I'm rather scared of security aspects with SNMP. But I'm not really up-to-date with recent SNMP standardization/implementations.

Ciao, Michael.