Re: Open LDAP and SNMP

> Hallo everybody,
>
> I've been waiting for response on my question about SNMP thing in Open
> LDAP. I think Ive been waiting enough and regardless to amount of
> feedback I think that possibility to administrate open ldap instance
> over snmp (like for example changing log level

This is already possible with back-monitor, by modifying
the value of the description field in the "cn=Log,cn=Monitor"
entry by means of the LDAP protocol.

> or whatsoever without
> restarting slapd) is worth to have.  I am ready to contribute code which
>  will allow at least to look at monitor backend over SNMP using net-snmp
>  project and agentx protocol as a "proof of concept". However I am not
> really sure if I am welcome to do this, thus I am asking people around
> here if the want it.

I don't know enough of SNMP to be of help; however, please
feel free to suggest possible development lines and to submit
patches (please use the ITS).  If you need anything about the
monitor backend, please ask.

p.

--
Pierangelo Masarati