RE: OpenLDAP 2.1.17 released

Howard Chu said:

>>     Fixed slapd request flooding bug (ITS#2389)
>
> This change will have particular impact on sendmail queries of LDAP.
> Read the ITS and the updated slapd.conf(5) manpage for details on the
> new
> "conn_max_pending" keyword.

Is there an indication on how this might affect people who also run web
servers and PAM/NSS stuff?  To what extent was it limited before, if at
all?  The max of 100 unauth'ed feels low to me, I wonder what the
indication (syslog?) will be if that limit is crossed...
-Alan

Alan Sparks, UNIX/Linux Systems Administrator    <asparks@doublesparks.net>