OpenLDAP on Redhat 8 is using GDBM instead of BerkeleyDb

I installed openLDAP 2.0 and BerkeleyDb 4.0 when I installed RedHat 8 (i.e.
from the RPMS which came with the system, I did not compile my own).  I have
noticed that in the database directory all the files have GDBM as a suffix,
which I assume means that LDBM is using GDBM instead of BerkeleyDb.

>From my reading of the administrator's guide, it seems that OpenLDAP decides
which to use for LDBM during the configure and compile phase.  I am guessing
that RedHat must, therefore, have compiled OpenLDAP in an environment
without BerkeleyDb available.

My question is, is there a way to make it switch to BerkeleyDB now or is my
only choice to complile OpenLDAP myself?

Thanks

Erik