LDAP via ADO.NET & Active Directory? Anyone tried?

Hello all,

We have successfully implemented a back-SQL LDAP directory. We are now building a .NET interface to it. I've succeeded in using Active Directory namespace (ADSI) in the .NET Framework to access my LDAP directory.  I now want to get from Active Directory to ADO (and/or XML), but cannot find any bridge between these two .NET namespaces.  There is only this one vague (to me) sentence in the Microsoft Documentation:

"The DirectoryEntry path may be used as an ADO.NET connection string provided that it is using the LDAP provider."

There is DSML (Directory Services Markup Language) but it appears Novell-centric (Novell just released a DSML kit for one of their e-commerce packages).

Has anyone in the OpenLDAP community tried this?  --specifically, load Active Directory datasets with AD directory entries (returned from LDAP server) using the ADO or DirectoryServices namespaces?  Or must I just populate my ADO.NET dataset programmatically?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Ken Turley
Invizeon Corp.