Performance With openldap 2.0.*

Hello all,

I have a server that have 1G of ddr memory and it's one amd xp 2200, and another god things.

It is doing as ldap server for authentications in linux box, and windows box by the samba(pdc), it works great.

And it haves Groups and Computers for samba, and autofs information, for automounting homes true the network...

So it is working great, but i have 99% of all the memory used, and sometimes about 40% of swap,  swap have 1G.

I i'm indexing a lot of things with this lines:

index   objectClass,rid,uid,uidNumber,gidNumber,memberUid   eq
index   cn,mail,surname,givenname                           eq,subinitial

And i have:

idletimeout 30

soo, i dont see anything slow, but it consumes all of my recurses on the server...

I know kernel it's like that, but soo much????

tks 4 the help