newbie question

I am new to LDAP and am trying to figure out what I am doing wrong. I am
using a java based browser/editor with a template listed below. When I fill
it out I get error like mail not allowed but I have it listed in qmailuser
ojectclass. What am I doing wrong? I have also provided a snipit of my
schema file that I think is relevant.

# name : CourierUser
#
# objectClass : top
# objectClass : organizationalPerson
# objectClass : CourierMailAccount
# objectClass : qmailUser
#

PREFIX: ou

REQUIRED ATTRIBUTES

mail
homeDirectory
uidNumber
gidNumber
userPassword
sn
Snipit of my schema file

objectclass ( 2.5.6.6 NAME 'person'
        DESC 'RFC2256: a person'
        SUP top STRUCTURAL
        MUST ( sn $ cn )
        MAY ( userPassword $ telephoneNumber $ seeAlso $ description ) )

objectclass ( 2.5.6.7 NAME 'organizationalPerson'
        DESC 'RFC2256: an organizational person'
        SUP person STRUCTURAL
        MAY ( title $ x121Address $ registeredAddress $ destinationIndicator
$
                preferredDeliveryMethod $ telexNumber $
teletexTerminalIdentifier $
                telephoneNumber $ internationaliSDNNumber $
                facsimileTelephoneNumber $ street $ postOfficeBox $
postalCode $
                postalAddress $ physicalDeliveryOfficeName $ ou $ st $ l ) )

objectclass ( 1.3.6.1.4.1.7006.1.2.2.1 NAME 'qmailUser'
        DESC 'QMail-LDAP User' SUP top AUXILIARY
        MUST ( mail $ uid )
        MAY ( mailMessageStore $ userPassword $
              mailAlternateAddress $ qmailUID $ qmailGID $ mailQuota $
              mailHost $ mailForwardingAddress $ deliveryProgramPath $
              qmailDotMode $ deliveryMode $ mailReplyText $
              accountStatus ) )

objectclass ( 1.3.6.1.4.1.10018.1.2.1 NAME 'CourierMailAccount' SUP top
AUXILIARY
        DESC 'Mail account object as used by the Courier mail server'
        MUST ( mail $ homeDirectory $ uidNumber $ gidNumber )
        MAY ( mailbox $ uid $ cn $ gecos $ description $ loginShell $ quota
$ userPassword $ clearPassword ) )

Thank You,
Russell Premont