Re: Setting up and Changing passwords for LDAP accounts

On Wed, Apr 02, 2003 at 03:13:05PM -0800, Jason Williams wrote:

> Here is a test account that I am using to try and authenticate against LDAP.
>
> dn: uid=jwilliams,ou=user,dc=mycompany,dc=com
> uid: jwilliams

> Couple quick questions:
> 1) I cannot seem to add a userpassword field. I do a modify of the record
> and it says the record was modified, yet it never shows up in the field.

It is possible that access control is preventing you from seeing that
field. This is a common (and very sensible) configuration. Try using
slapcat to inspect the underlying database.

> 2) here is what happens when I try and change the password for this user
> account:
>
> [root@nitro openldap]# ldappasswd -x -W -D
> "cn=Manager,dc=courtesymortgage,dc=com" 'uid=jwilliams'
> Enter bind password:
> New password: cM6UM4Af
> Result: No such object (32)
> Additional info: could not locate authorization entry

Try using a full DN for the entry you want to modify:

	uid=jwilliams,ou=user,dc=mycompany,dc=com

Failing that, look in the slapd log to see what it actually tried to
do. You may need to increase the log level to get enough detail. The
additional info in the error message is a bit odd - almost as if you
had specified a SASL authzid, but there is no -X flag in the command
you quote.

Andrew