Setting up and Changing passwords for LDAP accounts

Hello everyone.
I'm back with an question regarding passwords for LDAP user accounts.

I have been trying to setup my LDAP server for authentication. I have installed both nss_ldap and pam_ldap.
I have edited /etc/nsswitch.conf to reflect the correct changes.
I have not yet edited /etc/pam.d/system-auth.

I have gone through and created some basic data in our directory. (I should mention there are only two user accounts on this server. We using this server as a test server before rolling out our true LDAP server.)

Here is a test account that I am using to try and authenticate against LDAP.

dn: uid=jwilliams,ou=user,dc=mycompany,dc=com
uid: jwilliams
cn: Jason Williams
givenName: Jason
sn: Williams
mail: jwilliams@mycompany.com
objectClass: person
objectClass: organizationalPerson
objectClass: inetOrgPerson
objectClass: posixAccount
objectClass: top
objectClass: shadowAccount
shadowLastChange: 12094
shadowMax: 99999
loginShell: /bin/bash2
uidNumber: 500
gidNumber: 500
homeDirectory: /home/jwilliams
gecos: Jason Williams

Couple quick questions:
1) I cannot seem to add a userpassword field. I do a modify of the record and it says the record was modified, yet it never shows up in the field.

2) here is what happens when I try and change the password for this user account:

[root@nitro openldap]# ldappasswd -x -W -D "cn=Manager,dc=courtesymortgage,dc=com" 'uid=jwilliams'
Enter bind password:
New password: cM6UM4Af
Result: No such object (32)
Additional info: could not locate authorization entry

I am missing something here and I cant put a finger on it.

Anyone have some suggestions?

Thanks everyone.

Jason