Setting up and Changing passwords for LDAP accounts

Hello everyone.
I'm back with an question regarding passwords for LDAP user accounts.

I have been trying to setup my LDAP server for authentication. I have installed both nss_ldap and pam_ldap.
I have edited /etc/nsswitch.conf to reflect the correct changes.
I have not yet edited /etc/pam.d/system-auth.

I have gone through and created some basic data in our directory. (I should mention there are only two user accounts on this server. We using this server as a test server before rolling out our true LDAP server.)

I used some of the padl migration scripts.

I then migrated one user account into the database. Here is the output:

dn: uid=jwilliams,ou=user,dc=mycompany,dc=com uid: jwilliams cn: Jason Williams givenName: Jason sn: Williams mail: jwilliams@mycompany.com objectClass: person objectClass: organizationalPerson objectClass: inetOrgPerson objectClass: posixAccount objectClass: top objectClass: shadowAccount shadowLastChange: 12094 shadowMax: 99999 loginShell: /bin/bash2 uidNumber: 500 gidNumber: 500 homeDirectory: /home/jwilliams gecos: Jason Williams

That is the information that was pulled from the migrate_passwd.pl script. I then added it to the LDAP directory.

Couple quick questions:
1) I cannot seem to add a userpassword field.
2) here is what happens when I try and change the password for this user account:

[root@nitro openldap]# ldappasswd -x -W -D "cn=Manager,dc=courtesymortgage,dc=com" 'uid=jwilliams'
Enter bind password:
New password: cM6UM4Af
Result: No such object (32)
Additional info: could not locate authorization entry

I am missing something here and I cant put a finger on it.

Anyone have some suggestions?

Thanks everyone.

Jason