Re: power off on win32 machine

Am Mit, 2003-04-02 um 15.52 schrieb Eli Elhadad:
> I've encountered the following situation:
> once my win2k pro machine turned off by force (shutting the power down)
> the slapd service fail to start.
[..]
> my question is: what happened there and how can i prevent this files
> corruption from happening?

I think, the files in the directory do not contain all information. Some
information is held only in memory and would be written to disk during
shutdown.

To prevent this from happening, you only have to shutdown your system
cleanly.
If you can't do this, at least you should stop the slapd.

HTH
Ingo Schaefer
--
Ingo Schaefer