Migrating users to LDAP for authentication

Hello everyone.

Well, im back with another question. I was doing some reading on how to setup my LDAP server for user authentication. One thing I came across often was the recommendation to use www.padl.com migration scripts to move all of the data over to the LDAP server.

Couple questions:

1) The server I am working with is a test server. I only have two user accounts on the server at the moment. Would I still need to use the migration scripts to move over these two users? Or can I just use the authconfig utility (sorry, using RH 8.0 here) to specify the box to use LDAP for authentication?

2) Once I have the LDAP server setup for user authentication, is it pretty straightforward on setting up new users on the machine for LDAP authentication?

Thanks for everyones input.

Jason