Re: Problem with netscape

Michele,

Add the following to your slapd.conf

allow bind_v2

Doug Lytle

Michele Cerioni wrote:

I configurated openldap as address book of my net.
slapd.conf

include /usr/local/etc/openldap/schema/core.schema include /usr/local/etc/openldap/schema/cosine.schema include /usr/local/etc/openldap/schema/inetorgperson.schema include /usr/local/etc/openldap/schema/nis.schema include /usr/local/etc/openldap/schema/redhat/rfc822-MailMember.schema include /usr/local/etc/openldap/schema/redhat/autofs.schema #include /usr/local/etc/openldap/schema/redhat/kerberosobject.schema database bdb suffix "dc=protocol,dc=it" rootdn "cn=Manager,dc=protocol,dc=it" rootpw secret index default eq index objectClass,uid,uidNumber,gidNumber eq index cn,mail,surname,givenname eq

access to attr=userPassword
        by self write
        by anonymous    read
        by dn="cn=Manager,dc=protocol,dc=it" write
        by *    compare
access to *
        by self write
        by dn="cn=Manager,dc=protocol,dc=it" write
        by *    read

----------
this is my first file ldif  used to populate the directory

dn:             dc=protocol,dc=it
objectclass:    dcObject
objectclass:    organization
o:              Application Server
dc:             protocol

dn:             cn=Manager,dc=protocol,dc=it
objectclass:    organizationalRole
cn:             Manager

dn:             ou=people,dc=protocol,dc=it
ou:             people
objectclass:    organizationalUnit
objectclass:    domainRelatedObject
associatedDomain: protocol.it

dn:             ou=contacts, ou=people,dc=protocol,dc=it
ou:             contacts
ou:             people
objectclass:    organizationalUnit
objectclass:    domainRelatedObject
associatedDomain: protocol.it

dn:         cn=pippo,ou=contacts,ou=people,dc=protocol,dc=it
cn:             pippo
mail:           pippo@protocol.it
uid:            pippo@protocol.it
givenname:      aaaa
sn:             ssss
objectclass:    person
objectclass:    inetOrgPerson
objectclass:    top

With Outlook I can search in LDAP server, instead with netscape I get the message

LDAP initialization problem
Error code 2: Protocol error

The configurations of Outlook and Netscape are the same!

Where Do I wrong?

Michele