Re: Problems with multiple DNS names in cert.

tor, 2003-03-27 kl. 15:08 skrev Mathias Meisfjordskar:

> No, but the
>             X509v3 Subject Alternative Name:
>                 DNS:bb.uio.no

Yes, maybe, but the thing is shouting at you:

TLS: hostname (bb.uio.no) does not match common name in certificate
ldap_start_tls: Connect error (91)
        additional info: TLS: hostname does not match CN in peer

When you /have/ got to the stage of making it work, don't forget to
change nis in nsswitch.conf to ldap for the things that need it.

> Howard Chu said it was a client problem, but if the server supports
> DNS-aliases, why shouldn't the client(bundled with OpenLDAP) do the
> same? I guess I'm missing something here, but I can't figure out what.
> Is it a problem with reverse DNS lookups? I don't know.

No, your reverse lookups work fine ;)

Tony Earnshaw

Eg skulde helsa frå 'n Billy og spørja kort du var vestlending eller

e-post:		tonni@billy.demon.nl
www:		http://www.billy.demon.nl