Creating "dynamically configured" directories on a per-user basis

I want to offer an addressbook-service for the users of my system similar to
the what IMAP does for email:

With IMAP, users' mail is delivered into a special directory in their home
directory, and they may retrieve it at their whim (without any need for setup
on their part, besides configuring their client).

So, I want to have another special directory in users' home directories
(perhaps named LDAPdir) which will hold the database files for their
addressbook.  I currently have an LDAP namespace that looks like:

dc=sbronner,dc=com
	ou=groups
		gid=...
	ou=users
		uid=...

stored in /usr/var/openldap.  The users' addressbooks would be added to the
namespace as follows:

uid=john,ou=users,dc=sbronner,dc=com
	ou=addressbook
		cn=...

This requires that I configure in /etc/openldap/slapd.conf access to each
users' directory by the corresponding user.  Now, this is where the dynamic
comes in: I don't want to put an entry for each user in this file, but rather
some sort of formula that would tell slapd to allow john access to the
directory in /home/john/LDAPdir.

All pointers and suggestions welcome.
--
Sebastian J. Bronner