Re: Problems using OpenLDAP 2.1 client libraries to connect to OpenLDAP 2.0 server

>As the error message says: The certificate of thee server is not valid.
>Either fix the servers certificate or put the following setting in
>ldap.conf as a work around:

> TLS_REQCERT never

>Have a look at ldap.conf(5) for more info.

I must say that I don't understand really why suddently using OpenLDAP 2.1
client libraries my certificate is invalid, if I use OpenLDAP 2.0 client
libraries it works perfectly... Btw: I use a self signed certificate. Does
OpenLDAP 2.1 client libraries have other "rules" of certificate validity ?
If yes what are they and how do I then create s valid self-signed
certificate ?

Many thanks for the help

Regards