RE: strange performance problem

This implies that the balance of time shifted from in-memory operation to
disk I/O. Why do you suppose that might be? Perhaps you have run out of cache
memory? Perhaps you have run out of disk space? Perhaps you should run
db_stat and see?

> btw: are there any documentation on implementations details
> of openldap ? if
> yes, where can i find them

All of the implementation details are spelled out explicitly in the source
code.

> :) Other documentation that might explain what i'm
> seeing is also (very) welcome.

The BDB documentation that SleepyCat provides is also required reading.

  -- Howard Chu