RE: Speeding up queries ... or am I doing it the wrong way?

Nothing comes for free - it's better not to set any indices that you don't
actually use in your searches. It's also not much benefit to set a presence
index on attributes that normally occur on the majority of your entries. The
information model requires all entries to have an objectclass, so presence
index on objectclass is useless.

  -- Howard Chu