Re: Speeding up queries ... or am I doing it the wrong way?

On Fri, Mar 21, 2003 at 04:36:06PM -0500, John Ziniti wrote:

> ... process the data a bit, then for each result, get the user's info:
>
> ldapsearch -LLL -b $dn '(objectClass=*)'

You may find that adding the flag '-s base' will help. That says that
the search is only to look at the one object named in '-b $dn'

> I've tried to speed things up by not re-opening the connection for
> each user search, but it doesn't seem to help.

Keep that. It will help when you have fixed the current problem!

> I've got indices:
>
> index   objectClass     pres,eq
> index   cn,sn,uid,gidNumber,uidNumber,memberUid eq
> index   uniqueMember    pres,eq

Why not add 'pres' to the second line? It costs almost nothing and may
well help.

Andrew