From: owner-openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
[mailto:owner-openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org] On Behalf Of Howard Chu
Sent: Thursday, March 20, 2003 10:29 PM
To: 'Vito Chan'; 'Dave Augustus'
Cc: 'OpenLDAP'
Subject: RE: "no operational structural attributes" when update on
slaveldap

You are not supposed to directly make updates to the slave. Only slurpd
should be allowed. Regular clients are only allowed to make updates on
the
master. This is why it's called the "master" in the first place - the
master
database is always most up to date and is therefore authoritative. You
should
have an updateref on the slave that points to the master, so that
clients
attempting to update the slave will be redirected to the master.

  -- Howard Chu