Corrupted database

Using LDBM backend, I've twice had the database get "corrupted." By that I mean that it's developed a node (ou with stuff under it, apparently) that I can't read or delete with any tool I've got. Reads just wander off to la-la-land or fail with communications exceptions.

Total Db size is in several 100K entry range. Corruption apparently happened when I was doing large-scale (10K+ entries) adds via Java/JNDI.

Is this a known behavior?

Suggestions?

Thanks,

Martin

PS--I did a slapcat and slapadd, which failed because of an attribute it didn't like (maybe modifytimestamp - - it was a while back and I forget.)