From: Ken Turley [mailto:kturley@invizeon.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 18, 2003 12:08 PM
To: openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
Subject: 2.1.16 "__version" unresolved symbol: Win2k VS .NET 7 Build
Problem

Hello,

We have previously built and run oLDAP 2.0.11 on our Win2k machines with good success. We are now working through a (Win2k) build of v2.1.16 (using db-4.1.25.NC, cyrus-sasl-2.1.12, REGEX, but no SSL) and have received the following link errors in VS.NET 7:

>>  ldappasswd error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol ___Version
>>  ldapsearch error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol ___Version

This pair of link errors appears for each of ldapwhoami, ldapsearch, ldappasswd, ldapmodrdn, ldapmodify, ldapdelete and ldapcompare.

Have tracked __Version down to an external reference in common.h, but am  unable to resolve further.  Any ideas on why __Version might be unresolved?

Thanks to all!

Ken Turley
Invizeon Corporation