Re: Open ldap with a parent server?

tir, 2003-03-18 kl. 00:15 skrev jamie:

> We are currently using openldap to bind auth the students at our school. We
> have Novell edirectory doing bind auth for teachers and other staff members.
> Is their any for openldap to look for a users record in its DB and if it
> doesn't find it query the edirectory server?
>
> This way we could have computers in the lab available to all with out
> messing with the teachers accounts.

Use an Openldap referral? use nldap.nlm on the NetWare machine.

But why don't you use eDirectory for all LDAP stuff? If you use the
nldap nlm, that will be possible. If you want to replicate the directory
over several platforms, you can do that on Linux, Solaris and Windows
machines - eDirectory is available for all of them.

Best,

Tony

--

Tony Earnshaw