[Date Prev][Date Next]
Load balancing with OpenLDAP
- To: openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
- Subject: Load balancing with OpenLDAP
- From: Bruno Bonfils <email@example.com>
- Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2003 06:44:12 +0100
- Organization: Debian-Fr - http://www.debian-fr.org/
- User-agent: Gnus/5.090016 (Oort Gnus v0.16) Emacs/21.2 (gnu/linux)
I'm currently playing with Load Balancing (software) solution. I'll
really happy if I can proceed some test with OpenLDAP.
But I have problem with writing operation :
how to have two ldap server identicals ?
I know there is the replication way, but I tried to make A master of
B, and B master of A, but writing operations are not replicate on the
other. (I have the enable-multimaster option enabled)
I use the follow configuration :
replica host=node2.debian-fr.org:389 bindmethod=simple
(I know use manager for replication is not very proper, but it's for
test purpose only..)
and the same with s/node2/node1/g on the other box.
I guess it's not the good configuration since it doesn't work.
So, my question is :
what is the better way to have at least two (o)ldap server identical,
even if writing operation are made on node1 or node2.
I think i'll try to share backends file for ldap server. But this
method implies there is failover on the file server, which is more
Thank you very much.