[Date Prev][Date Next]
RE: slapd-bdb cachesize
I posted - "all versions since 2.1.5." That would mean from 2.1.5 to 2.1.15,
including 2.1.12. For this particular leak, that excludes 2.1.4 and older,
and any 2.0 release.
a) There was no ITS filed on this bug, sorry.
b) No, the bug is in the front end and affects all databases.
c) ldaptcl has been deleted from the releases, it is unsupported
We don't maintain patches to old releases; that's what new releases are for.
You can examine the CVS history for slapd/mods.c and get the diffs -r 18.104.22.168
to -r 22.214.171.124. They should apply to your 2.1.12 source.
-- Howard Chu
Chief Architect, Symas Corp. Director, Highland Sun
Symas: Premier OpenSource Development and Support
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Tino Lange [mailto:Tino.Lange@isg.de]
> Sent: Thursday, March 13, 2003 10:47 AM
> To: Howard Chu; openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
> Subject: Re: slapd-bdb cachesize
> > > > There appears to be a memory leak in slapd related to
> modifying entries,
> > > > adding new values to attributes. I've fixed it in CVS
> HEAD. The fix for
> > > > 2.1.15 is a bit different, will appear later.
> > > Does this mean that all versions of Openldap prior to what is
> > > currently in HEAD has this memory leak? I.e., does
> 2.1.14 have this leak?
> > > Will a 2.1.16 release be imminent?
> > Probably all versions since 2.1.5, from what I can tell.
> 2.1.16 is imminent,
> > yes.
> hmm, but I reported my memory leak (and it obiously is one...) with
> 2.1.12 - so somehow it must be there, too.
> Can you give some more details about what you found?
> a) Does it have an ITS number I can watch? So I don't have to
> bother you
> or the list...
> b) If I change the database type, let's say from BDB to LDBM,
> is this a
> workaround? Or is the Memory leak "general" and will affect
> all backend
> c) I really would like to try a new version, but as already written in
> my last mail, the tcl-interface seems to support only <=
> 2.1.12. I could
> not compile against newer version. Will it be updated, too?
> Otherwise I
> can't upgrade or test your version... Or will there be a bugfix branch
> for 2.1.12?
> I just would like to know if there's any workaround possible in the
> meantime or if I should to "sit and wait" until you release a new
> version. I'm not in a hurry and willing to wait, just want to
> know what
> your plans are...
> At the moment I restart OpenLDAP every second day....
> Thanks a lot for your effort and your help!
> Best regards