Linux Password encryption on Solaris 8

We have an OpenLDAP server with usernames and passwords generated on a RH
Linux 7.3 system. The Linux OpenLDAP clients work as expected, and the
Solaris 8 client don't.
When trying to integrate a Solaris 8 system with OpenLDAP, it does not
recognizes the userPassword in the way RH Linux encrypted it. However, if
the userPassword is obtained from Solaris system ({crypt} ...), both Solaris
and Linux OpenLDAP clients work.

If I am not mistaken, the conversion of password encryption methods is not
feasible, so does anybody have any suggestion on how to solve this issue?

Thanks,

Celso

Celso G. Lima
Systems Administrator