[Date Prev][Date Next]
Custom Backend Question
- To: <OpenLDAP-software@OpenLDAP.org>
- Subject: Custom Backend Question
- From: "Jin, Ming" <Ming.Jin@sabre.com>
- Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 09:39:24 -0600
- Content-class: urn:content-classes:message
- Thread-index: AcLn5GM38STDVM0sRlC8gopVAD3NiQ==
- Thread-topic: Custom Backend Question
I need to implement a custom backend for OpenLDAP, which will use CORBA as the transport. After looking into the shell backend approach, it lead me to believe that this may not be a suitable method for CORBA because to start a CORBA connection for each transaction would be too expensive. I am looking for suggestions and recommendations on what would be the best approach to build an OpenLDAP backend which supports only a subset of functionality, such as bind, search, etc. while keeping the module in memory to improve performance. I am hesitate to build the module right into OpenLDAP core, but would be welling to do so if this was the best approach.
Your help is greatly appreciated.