Re: openldap access configuration

tir, 2003-03-11 kl. 10:15 skrev Aurélien COQ:

> I've installed Openldap 2.1.12 on Red Hat 8.0 and i'm facing
> configuration problems.
> My slapd demon seems to run well but when i want to access my directory
> using LDAP Browser/editor v2.8.1 (using java) in order to read and
> administer the directory, I can connect but i can't read or write :
> error message "Failed to read entry dc=...."
> I'm binding as the manager using the password stored in the slapd.conf
> file.

You should read and carry out (apart from the installation instructions)
the contents of the quick start part of the admin guide at

Tony Earnshaw

And they allowed Apollonius to ask questions; and
he asked them of what they thought the cosmos was
composed; but they replied ...

e-post:		tonni@billy.demon.nl
www:		http://www.billy.demon.nl