Re: openldap access configuration

tir, 2003-03-11 kl. 10:15 skrev Aurélien COQ:

> I've installed Openldap 2.1.12 on Red Hat 8.0 and i'm facing
> configuration problems.
> My slapd demon seems to run well but when i want to access my directory
> using LDAP Browser/editor v2.8.1 (using java) in order to read and
> administer the directory, I can connect but i can't read or write :
>
> error message "Failed to read entry dc=...."
>
> I'm binding as the manager using the password stored in the slapd.conf
> file.

You should read and carry out (apart from the installation instructions)
the contents of the quick start part of the admin guide at
www.openldap.org.

Best,

Tony

--

Tony Earnshaw

And they allowed Apollonius to ask questions; and
he asked them of what they thought the cosmos was
composed; but they replied ...

e-post:		tonni@billy.demon.nl
www:		http://www.billy.demon.nl