Re: ldapseaarch goes newline with long lines

Dr. Andreas Moroder wrote:

whe have lines in our ldap db that are longer then 80 characters. When I search them with ldaspsearch and redirect them to a file with >, then newlines are added after the 78th character.

If you are writing LDIF read about line-folding in RFC 2849.

> This is a problem, because other tools don't like lines that are splittet > up (in this case oranames )

I'd assume these tools are broken.

> Is there a way to change this behaviour of ldapsearch or is there a way to
> tell ldapsearch that the lines can be longer, say 200 columns ?

You could implement a filter script in your favourite programming language.
(Python examples upon requests)

Ciao, Michael.