[Date Prev][Date Next]
multiple LDAP Directory - question from a newbie
- To: openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
- Subject: multiple LDAP Directory - question from a newbie
- From: Raj Balasubramanian <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2003 21:54:51 -0500
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.2.1) Gecko/20021130
I am new to the mailing list and to openLDAP. Here is the question I have-
If I have multiple LDAP Directories that I want to search for entries,
is there a single LDAP Directory or service I can configure to cascade
these multiple LDAP Directories. So all I need to do is query this
central LDAP Dir for info and this will proxy the request and query the
various different LDAP dirs (its configured to go against)??
I am not looking for referals to be passed to the client, I want the
server to carry out the query...
| |<-----LDAP---->| LDAP DIR 1|
user<----LDAP---->|LDAP DIR A |<-----LDAP---->| LDAP DIR 2|
| |<-----LDAP---->| LDAP DIR 3|
I know with Domino LDAP service this feature is available with a
functionality called Directory Assistance. But not everyone has Domino
Any assistance would be appreciated.