about ldap tree philosophy

Hello,

I've no problem with LDAP software, server and tools are fine.

Now I'm thinking about a real tree and need some idea, usual, and so on about tree.
What the best way for handling that kind of stuff :

People :
   with all people information (phone, add...),
   where each has a unique id (login).
Groups :
   A place for drawing groups tree like
   - commercial
   - - - marketing
   - - - sell
   - support
   - - - internal
   - - - external
   - production
   - - - software
   - - - - - - tester
   - - - - - - coder
   - - - hardware

How can I distribute entity from People in the tree groups ?
Like a person 'Joe' will be in group 'support/external' and in group 'production/software/tester' ?

Do you know some place where I can found information about drawing a such tree ?

Thanks
Cyrille