Re: Q: OpenLDAP In A 'Heartbeat' Cluster

Quoting "Howard Chu" <hyc@highlandsun.com>:

> In OpenSSL I use these lines in my openssl.cnf file:
> ###
> DNSNAME = $ENV::DNSNAME
> IPADDR = $ENV::IPADDR
> ###
>
> In the [ usr_cert ] section
> ###
> subjectAltName=DNS:$DNSNAME,IP:$IPADDR
> ###

Which is which here? Ie, is any of these 'registered names'... Hm, fuzzy.
Example:

        DNSNAME1 = $ENV::CERT_NAME1
        DNSNAME2 = $ENV::CERT_NAME2
        IPADDR1 = $ENV::CERT_IP1
        IPADDR2 = $ENV::CERT_IP2
        [...]
        subjectAltName=DNS:DNSNAME1,IP:$IPADDR1
        subjectAltName=DNS:DNSNAME2,IP:$IPADDR1

Is this what you mean?

> You must set the DNSNAME and IPADDR environment variables before running the
> CA app to generate/sign the cert. If you need to specify additional names,
> use separate environment variables for each.

In my example, I'd set variables 'CERT_NAME[12]' and 'CERT_IP[12]'... ?