Re: Attribute 'sn' not allowed help

Hi,

On Thursday 06 March 2003 22:26, ppuskur@desmac.com wrote:
> We have this wierd problem.Seems like everyhitng is right but can't get
> over this.we have included all requried shemas.
>
> Each time we tried to all entry wiht 'sn' in it spits out this error.
> objectclass voilation:Attribute 'sn' not allowed

having the necessary schemas imported is one thing.
One other thing is that you need to have the attribute allowed by
the object's objectclass defintion.
E.g. the objectclasses O or OU do not allow the attribute sn.

The information which objectclasses allow and/or require
which attributes can be found in the schema.

Yours
Peter

--
Peter Marschall     |   eMail: peter.marschall@mayn.de