Re: What do you use to manage the LDAP and the LDIFs?

I use gq and it works great for me.

In your case, you will want to use
basedn: dc=chilitech,dc=net
binddn: cn=Manager,dc=chilitech,dc=net

I then turn off the ask for password prompt and hard code my password in
with the server config (less secure).  You are specifying a password in
the slapd.conf, right?

You should not need to specify the rootdn in any of your acls.  They are
in essence the root user of your ldap tree, and can do whatever they want.

paul wilson