Re: SQL backend

> The OpenLdap Admin guide, section 5.2.2.1
> (
> http://www.openldap.org/doc/admin21/guide.html#Configuration%20File%20Directives
>  ), shows SQL as an available backend DB type. Haven't been able to find
>  details on how this works in practice. Can someone point me at a
> resource  for this?

This is not a good backend to begin with; you need an SQL
database up and running, and the possibility to access it
via odbc (e.g. libodbc with appropriate drivers).

You may want to man slapd-sql(5), and carefully read the
metainformation paragraph, possibly with the help of the
example files provided in servers/slapd/back-sql/rdbms_depend/*

Keep in mind you'll have to design your metainformation
tables very carefully to have something usable.  In fact
this IS NOT A REPLACEMENT for any LDAP specific backend
(e.g. bdb or ldbm), but a menas to publish/access existing
SQL data via LDAP.

p.

--
Pierangelo Masarati