Best benchmark method

Just a quick survey re: performance and benchmarking-

What are the preferred methods out there for measuring performance under load? I wrote some really cheesy shell scripts, but I was hoping that someone had some sort of standardized methodology or some specific code they prefer.

The primary goal is to qualify hardware for particular load prior deployment, with secondary goals of planning for future expenditures based on projected growth.

All DS platforms are openldap based- Mac OS X in one case and linux in several others.

http://www.4am-media.com Mac OS X Consulting and Training Michael Bartosh mbartosh@4am-media.com 303.517.0272 Denver, CO

"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher regard those who think alike than those who think differently."

- -- Nietzsche

			Think Different.