Re: Adding a group

Hi,

On Tuesday 04 March 2003 19:15, Steve.Lewis@ctimi.com wrote:
> Below are my ldif files.  One organization, an organizationalUnit based of
> of the org, and I'm trying to create a static group.  I got the group.ldif
> from the Java-LDAP book from Netscape.  It seems like I have ou=People,
> dc=cti-pet, dc=com already existing, so why am I getting ...
>
> ldap_sasl_interactive_bind_s: No such object (32)  ?
>
> Also, here's my search on dc=cti-pet,dc=com:
>
> ou=People, dc=cti-pet, dc=com
>         Attributes:
>                 objectClass
>                         top
>                         organizationalUnit
>                 ou
>                         People
>
> group.ldif
> dn: cn=static, ou=People, dc=cti-pet, dc=com
> objectclass: top
> objectclass: groupOfUniqueNames
> cn: static

groupOfUniqueName objects need to have an uniqueMember attribute.
You cannot have empty groupOfUniquenames in LDAP.

If OpenLDAP is configured with schemacheck on (the default),
then the group may not have been created.
This might explain the error message quite well.

Peter

--
Peter Marschall     |   eMail: peter.marschall@mayn.de
Scheffelstraße 15   |          peter.marschall@adpm.de