RE: TLS client certificate pb

Yes, you must have a client certificate to use SASL EXTERNAL with SSL/TLS.

> I want to try SASL EXTERNAL, but I need some clarification...
> How does the server map the client certificate with the dn used to
> authenticate ? Where do the certificates have to be stored ? (and do
> they have to be stored ? )

Read the F'ine manual already. http://www.openldap.org/doc/admin21/

Amazing, people complain that there's no documentation, and then when we take
the time to write the docs nobody reads them. It all seems like wasted
effort.

  -- Howard Chu