[Date Prev][Date Next]
Package 2.1.14 -> Re: Segmentation fault on 2.1.13
- To: Jehan PROCACCIA <Jehan.Procaccia@int-evry.fr>
- Subject: Package 2.1.14 -> Re: Segmentation fault on 2.1.13
- From: Jehan PROCACCIA <Jehan.Procaccia@int-evry.fr>
- Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2003 18:10:26 +0100
- Cc: Frank Swasey <Frank.Swasey@uvm.edu>, openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
- References: <00a801c2de54$b748dce0$0e01a8c0@CELLO> <3E5E0EE8.email@example.com> <Pine.LNX.firstname.lastname@example.org> <Pine.LNX.email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <Pine.LNX.email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <Pine.LNX.email@example.com> <3E5F660A.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.0.1) Gecko/20021003
Openldap changes every days ...
a 2.1.14 package is available at my usual place:
http://www.int-evry.fr/mci/user/procacci/SRPMS/ -> openldap-2.1.14-2 ,
binaries are for RH 8.0, but src RPM is there too !.
* Mon Mar 03 2003 Jehan Procaccia <email@example.com> 2.1.14-1
(-1 should be -2!)
- upgraded to 2.1.14
- removed patch for schema-check (already patched in 2.1.14 !)
- removed make test openldap build to accelerate rpmbuild
Jehan PROCACCIA wrote:
Great ! it finally work :-)
I've just compiled RPMS under RH 8.0 , I put them + source RPM in :
http://www.int-evry.fr/mci/user/procacci/SRPMS/ -> openldap-2.1.13-3
Thanks to Frank Swasey an openldap developpers it now includes the patch
about schema checking problem with attributes in rdn not present in
entry which caused a seg fault message !
* Thu Feb 28 2003 Jehan Procaccia <firstname.lastname@example.org> 2.1.13-3
- from Francis Swasey <Frank.Swasey@uvm.edu> 2.1.12-uvm2.8.0:
- sleepycat bdb 4.1.25 plus locking patch
- add patch for schema-check
- add patch for slapd lock-release in group acl processing
- add patch for slapcat a subtree
- add make test to openldap build
Now insteed of seg fault it says:
<= str2entry(cn=brou,ou=People,dc=enstb,dc=fr) -> 0x823aba0
slapadd: dn="cn=brou,ou=People,dc=enstb,dc=fr" (line=19): (16) value of
naming attribute 'cn' is not present in entry
cn: Jean Brou
now if I put in the ldif:
<= index_entry_add( 3, "sn=brou,ou=People,dc=enstb,dc=fr" ) success
However the error message could be even more explicit :
"(16) value of naming attribute 'cn' is not present in entry" + add " or
does not have the same value in the entry than in the dn ..." which was
my case !.
By the way, why this new contraint ? in respect to LDAP RFCs ?
Frank Swasey wrote:
Today at 6:30pm, Pierangelo Masarati wrote:
I'm rebuilding now with that patch applied to schema_check.c.
I am curious about what part of the schema I am violating that was
(or possibly just not checked) in 2.1.12. But, time will tell -- slow
machine takes a while to build the RPM :-)
OpenLDAP never checked that the attributeTypes and values used
in the RDN were actually present in the entry. This was added
in 2.1.13 (maybe it was not adequately advertised ...).
For details, you may follow the thread originated by ITS#2243.
Well, my ldif file isn't supposed to have any entries that violate
that.... but looking at that one entry.... Drat! more crud to go
Jehan Procaccia | Ingenieur Systemes & Reseaux
Institut National des Telecommunications| Tel : +33 (0) 160764436
MCI, Moyens Communs Informatiques | Mail: Jehan.Procaccia@int-evry.fr
9 rue Charles Fourier 91011 Evry France | Fax : +33 (0) 160764321