[Date Prev][Date Next]
Re: ldapadd "operations error"?
- To: openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
- Subject: Re: ldapadd "operations error"?
- From: Martin Smith <email@example.com>
- Date: Sat, 01 Mar 2003 13:40:31 -0500
- References: <3E5EDED2.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.1) Gecko/20020826
Still looking for help on this. Question: Should my procedure for
starting over with the database work? That is, can one delete all the
DB files in the directory and then pick up the QuickStart instructions
at the point where one is slappadding the initial top-level entries?
Martin Smith wrote:
I got a corrupted ldbm database, so I deleted all the files (moved
them elsewhere, actually), and tried to reinsert the top of the
directory (c=us) and superuser ID "cn=Manager,c=us) per the QuickStart
manual, using ldapadd.
I was successful is searching for "namingcontext", but adding the two
entries above, I get "operations error".
Any idea what that might mean?
(I assume that some of the db files would appear in the directory if
it were working, but none has so far.)