Re: ldapadd "operations error"?

Still looking for help on this. Question: Should my procedure for starting over with the database work? That is, can one delete all the DB files in the directory and then pick up the QuickStart instructions at the point where one is slappadding the initial top-level entries?

Thanks,

Martin

Martin Smith wrote:

I got a corrupted ldbm database, so I deleted all the files (moved them elsewhere, actually), and tried to reinsert the top of the directory (c=us) and superuser ID "cn=Manager,c=us) per the QuickStart manual, using ldapadd. I was successful is searching for "namingcontext", but adding the two entries above, I get "operations error".

Any idea what that might mean? (I assume that some of the db files would appear in the directory if it were working, but none has so far.)

TIA,

Martin