ldapadd + Greek Characters -HELP

Hi everyone, I have the following problem:

I wanted to migrate from a microsoft sql database to ldap. In order to create the appropriate ldif,
I exported the database to csv and I created a perl script which produces me the ldif with all the data.

when I try to make ldappadd using this ldif, I get the following errors to attributes that I'm going to insert greek values:

ldap_add: Invalid syntax
   additional info: cn: value #0 invalid per syntax

note that above this message is displayed:

add cn:
   NOT ASCII (30 bytes)

As I can guess... there is an error with the greek characters. Is there any way to add my ldif with greek entries in the ldap server?

Please help me I m newbie with ldap.