RE: OpenLDAP in Production

I made only a very brief reply the last time. Anyway I am working in the
network team of a large pharmaceutical company. Actually I am using OpenLDAP
in production at the Italian site. I have it running since several years and
did not have any problems at all.

I am working also with Sun ONE ( the former Netscape product )and I tried
out MS, therefore I can assure that it is not more work to setup and keep
running a directory using OpenLDAP.

Well you have to compile it yourself, ....   . If you are not comfortable
with compilation on UNIX may be it's not easy. The lists are helpful and a
lot of people ready to help you out if you run into trouble.

Configuration however I find easier using OpenLDAP, you have one place (
config file ) whereas other products ( MS for example or Sun ONE also )
offer a number of menus you have to click thru and remember where you could
do what.

Last but not least it's open source,  I need a LDAP proxy, considered the
high price of Sun ONE I am considering to role my own . . . .

cheers

reinhard