RE: Build problem (maybe)

> Hi there and thanks for the response to my original message.

I'm replying to the list because it may be of interest.

> I have downloaded the latest release 2.1.13 as you suggested which has
> the suggested fix to the structure initialisation which was causing
> visual studio to complain. The build now fails on a standard build even
> before I try and incorporate back-sql.
>
> The message is
>
> cache.c
> fatal error C1083: Cannot open source file:
> 'C:\development\openldap-2.1.13\libraries\libldap\cache.c': No such file
> or directory
>
> and is thrown during the build of libldap.
>
> There is indeed no file cache.c and it is indeed referenced in the
> libldap.dsp file configuration
>
> I have browsed CVS and there is no file cache.c in there either so it
> doesn't appear to be just missing from my distribution.
>
> Is a new windows project file required for libldap?
>
> Any help would be appreciated.

The problem has already been discussed (there is also an ITS,
I think).  It has to do with the fact that cache code was
trimmed from libldap.  Apparently it is still in your build
stuff.  I assume you are building under windows, so I don't
exactly know where you need to look; you need to eliminate
all the dependencies on libraries/libldap/cache.c in your
makefiles / MSVC projects.

p.

--
Pierangelo Masarati