[Date Prev][Date Next]
meta backend and substring searches
- To: openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
- Subject: meta backend and substring searches
- From: Armin Wenz <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 08:40:44 +0100
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.3b) Gecko/20030210
Is it possible to disallow a substring search without changing the schema?
A bit more background:
I set up a meta backend connecting to different servers.
Read access is only allowed for cn and mail and userCertificate.
For I don't want any user to get cn's or mail-addresses by a substring
search I want to disallow it, so a user have to know the complete cn or
mail-address to get the attributes. It can easily be done by deleting
the SUBSTR filter in the schema.
But is there another way?
BTW: sizelimit 1 is not what I want.